Glossop Minor Eye Conditions Service
Some opticians in Glossop and the surrounding area can help with common eye problems you may be suffering from. You can self-refer for treatment through the minor eye conditions service using one of the participating opticians below if you are suffering from:
- A dry eye, or gritty and uncomfortable eyes
- Red eye
- Problem with eyelids
- Painful or light sensitive eye – please contact the minor eye conditions as soon as possible so a prompt assessment can be made, or an out of hours GP if outside of normal opening times
- Irritation and inflammation of the eye
- A significant recent sticky discharge from your eye or a watery eye
- Recently occurring flashes or floaters
- Ingrowing eyelashes
- A painful eye
- Recent and sudden loss of vision or part of vision.
- A foreign body in the eye.
- Recent onset double vision
- Contact lens related problem – please contact your contact lens optician in the first instance and if not available please contact the minor eye conditions service.
Please contact your GP if you are suffering from an eye-related condition which isn’t listed above or you are feeling generally unwell with sudden loss of vision or part of vision.
The following opticians
are participating in the Minor Eye Service scheme. Take a look at our interactive map if you need to find out which one is nearest to you.