Who we are
The finance department is responsible for delivering financial support and advice to the Governing Body of NHS Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), the localities and any partnerships within Tameside and Glossop CCG that commission services on behalf of the registered population of 250,000 within Tameside and Glossop.
The role of the finance department is to set the budget each year and to make sure that the money the organisation spends is kept within the CCG’s available resources. It also supports the CCG to achieve its strategic objectives and the vision of its clinical and executive leads. The finance team develops financial reports on the overall performance of the CCG (including the annual accounts) and its service contracts, to ensure that every penny spent is best value for money and supports the delivery of high quality services for the people of Tameside and Glossop.
We work closely with our social care partners in Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (TMBC) and Derbyshire County Council (DCC), and our providers (predominantly Tameside Foundation Trust) to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare services within our CCG budget of £373m (in 2016/17) on behalf of our local population.
The finance department is led by the Chief Finance Officer, Kathy Roe and supported by her senior finance team and heads of finance. The team is based at New Century House but hold meetings and work at various sites both within and outside the Borough as required.
What we do
The main remit and functions of the CCG finance department are summarised below:
- Provide financial information
- Allocations of funds
- Financial strategy, planning and budgets
- Budgetary control and financial reporting
- Support to commissioners in delivering QIPP agenda
- Banking, processing and payment of invoices, debt recovery (via Greater Manchester Shared Services (GMSS))
- Annual report and accounts
- Financial risk assessment and management
- Information governance of financial data
- Audit – internal, external and audit and assurance committee
- Fraud and corruption
The latest information on the financial position of the CCG can be found in the Governing Body papers each month.