Pharmacy opening hours – bank holiday Monday 31 August 2020)
The following community pharmacies in Tameside and Glossop will be open on bank holiday.
A full list of pharmacies in Greater Manchester is also available on the Greater Manchester Local Pharmaceutical Committee (GMLPC) website. Other pharmacies may be open, but have not notified NHS England Greater Manchester office and are therefore are not included in this list.
Pharmacies have not been directed to open. If pharmacies intend to close, they have been advised to signpost patients to the next nearest available pharmacy or to call 111.
How do I find out which pharmacies are open near me?
To find a pharmacy near you click here
Did you know that you can order your repeat prescriptions if you are signed up to GP online services?
Please see our information page on GP Online services at GP Online Services Information. You can also sign up for GP Online Services while in your own home via the NHS App, more information can be found at NHS App.
Only order what you need
To help pharmacies to cope under the increasing pressure, Greater Manchester Local Pharmaceutical Committee (GMLPC) is asking patients and members of the public to:
Delivery of medicines
- Avoid pharmacies if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19: If you have a dry, persistent cough, fever or shortness of breath, please don’t go to your local pharmacy.
- Be patient: All pharmacies are under immense pressure and working around the clock to ensure that you get what you need.
- Respect pharmacy staff: they are providing NHS services and deserve the same respect as any other frontline NHS worker.
- Order medicines and purchase products as normal: there is no need to stockpile. There are enough medicines for everyone, so long as everyone only orders the prescriptions and buys the medicines they really need. We are all in this together and we need to remember that stockpiling causes problems for more vulnerable people in our communities.
- Ensure that patients are requested ask their friends, relatives, neighbours or other nominated representative(s) to collect medicines in the first instance to reduce demand and pressure on delivery services.
Pharmacies are receiving an increase in the number of requests for delivery of medicines due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please only request delivery of medicines
if you have no other option. This will help to ensure that pharmacies have the ability to deliver to those who are in need.
A list of pharmacies that deliver around Tameside and Glossop is available here.
Please note: Pharmacies will be open to dispense your prescriptions but please only order medication if it is necessary. Avoid ordering extra months of medication just to stockpile.
List of pharmacies in Tameside
List of pharmacies in Glossop