- Radically changes the relationship between the health professional and patient to a much more equal one
- Delivers integration at individual level and higher quality care
- Works well for people with complex needs – eg those at high risk of hospital admission
- Enables a wider range of possible solutions than traditionally commissioned services
- Promotes self-management and reduces reliance on NHS services
There are three types of Personal Health Budgets in Tameside and Glossop
- Personal Health Budgets in NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Personal Health Budget Local Offer
- Personal Wheelchair Budgets
These are described below:-
1. Personal Health Budgets in NHS Continuing Healthcare
Adults who are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare
(CHC) funding, and children in receipt of continuing care have had a legal right to have a personal health budget.
NHS England expects that unless there are exceptional circumstances, everyone living in their own home who is in receipt of NHS Continuing Healthcare funding will have a personal health budget.
If you are receiving direct payments through social services, you may be able to transfer to personal health budgets with minimal or no disruption to your current arrangements if you become eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
There are three types of personal health budgets - Direct Payments, a Notional Budget or a Third Party Budget. For more details on your options please see leaflet below:
Appendix 1 - PHB Leaflet
For full details of NHS Tameside and Glossop CCG’s Personal Health Budget provision the principle are outlined in the policy below:
Personal Health Budgets Policy
Anybody considering a CHC Personal Health Budget should have already had the opportunity to complete a Personal Assessment. In this form you can record information such as your health condition, a summary of your current day to day care needs and your preferences are about your current care and treatment. Personal Assessment form can be found below.
Personal Assessment Form
For those who choose Direct Payment or Third Party PHB options the details for the current Broker services can be found in the link below
More information can be found on the NHS England link below which includes a short video
2. Personal Health Budgets for other people using health and hospital services frequently
Tameside and Glossop CCG is pleased to launch the extension of the personal health care budget offer to people who frequently use health services, enabling them to have greater choice, flexibility and control over the health care and support they receive. Based on findings of the national pilots we anticipate that this may include people from one or more of the following groups:-
Personal wheelchair budgets aim to increase choice and control for people who access wheelchair services through:
staff on 0161 335 2801 or look on the website https://www.rosscare.co.uk/personal-wheelchair-budgets/
If you are a healthcare professional or a patient living in the Tameside and Glossop area and would be interested in finding out more about personal health budgets please email: TGCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org.