A personal health budget is an amount of money to support a person’s identified health and wellbeing needs, the application of which is planned and agreed between the person, their representative or, in the case of children, their families and the CCG. It is not new money but it is money that would normally have been spent by the NHS on the person’s care, used more flexibly to meet their identified needs.
Having a personal health budget
- Radically changes the relationship between the health professional and patient to a much more equal one
- Delivers integration at individual level and higher quality care
- Works well for people with complex needs – eg those at high risk of hospital admission
- Enables a wider range of possible solutions than traditionally commissioned services
- Promotes self-management and reduces reliance on NHS services
Personal Health Budgets in NHS Continuing Healthcare
Adults who are eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare
(CHC) funding, and children in receipt of Continuing Care have a legal right to have a personal health budget.
More information can be found on the NHS England link below which includes a short video
Personal Health Budgets for other people using health and hospital services frequently
Tameside and Glossop CCG local personal health care budget offer is for people who frequently use health services, enabling them to have greater choice, flexibility and control over the health care and support they receive.
People who frequently use hospital and community health services such as those in the following groups may be eligible
- Children with an Education Health and Care Plan
- People needing long-term rehab
- People with long-term health conditions who use hospital services a lot
- People with long term mental health needs
- People with Learning Disability or Autism and MH needs or at risk of hospital admission/are in hospital.
For further information about Personal Health Budgets in Tameside and Glossop please look at the following leaflets
- Information leaflet about our local offer
- Frequently asked questions
- Expression of Interest
- Personal Support Plan
- Staff Briefing Slide Pack
Personal Wheelchair Budgets
Personal wheelchair budgets aim to increase choice and control for people who access wheelchair services through:
- Providing holistic assessments that take into account people’s wider needs and how good wheelchair provision can increase independence and improve people’s health and wellbeing outcomes
- Supporting people to identify their own health and wellbeing goals Better integration of services around individuals by bringing together care and support agencies
- Increasing the availability of information about the choices available to people locally.
To find out more please talk to the Tameside and Glossop Wheelchair Service
staff on 0161 335 2801 or look on the website https://www.rosscare.co.uk/personal-wheelchair-budgets/
To find out more
If you are a healthcare professional or a patient living in the Tameside and Glossop area and are interested in finding out more about personal health budgets please email: TGCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org..